Privacy Statement Tripkey B.V.
By using the services offered by Tripkey, you enter into an agreement with us as a Tripkey member. To execute this agreement we make use of personal data, which we save. We guarantee that personal data will be processed and secured with utmost care. First and foremost, the data will be processed in adherence to the rules and regulations as stipulated in the ‘Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens or Wbp’ and – from May 25 2018 in the ‘Algemene verordening gegevensbescherming or Avg’, henceforth to be known as ‘Law’.
What data is collected
- Name, address, place of residence, email address(es), phone number;
- Data related to the Tripkey, henceforth to be known as ‘Card(s)’, that you are using or that have been provided to you, for example the card number, the barcode on the card – if any, the code on the magnetic strip on the card – if any, data of the chip embedded in the card and any applied personalization of the card;
- Data you use to access the Tripkey portal, such as your username and password. We store your password in encrypted format;
- Besides this the trips (transactions) you make with the Tripkey are stored. TripKey receives this data from RC-BKA BV, or from other service providers that were travelled with, from transport operators and other providers of mobility services that you can make use of with the card. The personal data that we receive concern the use of the Card. The data is detailed and may contain – amongst other things – the time and location (for example stop and station information), route, class, actions, and cost of the transaction. The personal data is not limited to travel and user transactions, but can contain service- or purchase transactions as well. We can relate or link data about the use of the Card. We can, for example, link check in and check out transactions to present the data of a trip;
- E-tickets purchased through the TripKey Portal are also recorded: this pertains to destination, date and costs of the transactions.
To be able to use TripKey you need to complete a one-time registration with email address, name, country of origin and a password. Once you have done this, your account has been created and you are a TripKey member.
Order Card, link payment method
You order your Card(s) by placing an order in your personal account. You complete the order by linking a payment method (credit card or other) to your order. The payment is always done in a secured payment environment. Your data is only used to link the payment to the order. We utilize the payment partner Mollie. We do not have access to the data and never store it. After your reservation you will receive an order confirmation with an order number.
Distribution of the Card
Distribution of the Card(s) is done by distribution points. Based in your order number, name or email address the distribution point looks up your order in the distribution system. After that, the Card is linked to your account.
Ordering e-tickets through the account
It is possible to order e-tickets through your account; for example, for museums and attractions. You provide the number of tickets that you want to book and after your agreement to the payment (via the payment method linked by you) the tickets are provided by email and in your account.
Processing the travel and transaction data, invoicing and reporting
TripKey links the travel and transaction data and corresponding costs to your account (at card number level). This is necessary to allocate the correct costs to the correct Card. This data is used in creating the transaction overview (which you can access in your account), to charge you with costs and to draw up the (final) invoice.
Recording the contract-, transaction-, and travel data in the TripKey system enables provisioning of service at any time to Tripkey members, such as answering questions about the trips and costs, responding to loss and theft reports and any requests for a replacement card as a consequence of those, and handling of complaints.
Who is responsible for processing the data?
TripKey B.V. is responsible for processing the data.
To whom do we provide personal data?
- We can provide you with the personal data related to you. We can do that via email, via your TripKey account or via our Customer Service, amongst others.
- We may disclose your personal data to Processors of data (a role legally defined). These are partners who carry out work on our behalf. We guarantee your privacy by recording strict agreements on non-disclosure and security protocols in contracts. We have signed or may sign these types of contracts with ICT service providers, call centers and RC-BKA B.V. amongst others.
- When working together with a partner, we as the processor, guarantee that personal data will be processed appropriately and with great care in accordance to the Law. We are required to disclose your personal data if we are legally obliged to do so for any reason.
Right of access. The most important personal data such as name and address and transactions can be requested via a web portal or via the service desk. You may ask us whether we process your personal data. We will answer you as soon as possible, but no later than within four weeks, and provide a copy of the personal data we process. This is free of charge. To request access, please contact us via the Service desk.
Right to correction. In case your data is factually incorrect for the purpose of processing, you can inform us and we will process your request as soon as possible, but no later than within four weeks. In case it cannot be determined that personal data is incorrect, we cannot delete or correct your personal data without the explicit consent of TripKey – the company that has granted you the right to use the card. To request correction, please contact the Service desk.
Right to object. If you no longer wish to receive information from us about products and services, please send us an email with the subject: “object.”
Complaints or questions
Each Card User has the right to submit a complaint about the processing of their personal data by contacting us in any of the ways mentioned below. If you want to correct your data, if you have a question or if you object to us processing your data, please send us a message. We will let you know as soon as possible, at the latest within 14 days, whether we can satisfy your request.
Questions about the processing of personal data can be addressed via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security and storage period
We have taken physical, technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data, taking into account current technological possibilities, the costs, and the nature of the personal data to be protected. We will store data in our administration as long as is legally required.
We send email messages to inform you about relevant developments in the services provided. You can unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe possibility at the bottom of the email.
Website & cookies
Cookies called ‘functional session cookies’ are used to provide services or to store your preferred settings, such as:
- remembering and communicating information that you fill in during the login process or that you enter when ordering products from the various web pages, so that you don’t have to re-enter the same information every time;
- saving preferred settings;
- tracking the unauthorised use of our websites.
These cookies are used to analyse your visit to our websites. We analyse the number of visitors to our websites, the duration of the visits, the order of pages visited and whether any changes need to be made to the website. Using the information collected, we can make our websites even more user-friendly.
Some cookies are posted by third parties to give you direct access to social media: Google Analytics, Google Maps, 9292, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Adwords, Facebook. For the cookies posted by these third parties, the information they collect and the purpose for use, please refer to these parties’ privacy statements on their own websites. These statements may change frequently, and TripKey is not responsible for the information provided.
*) this pertains to the following websites: